June 27, 2012

on playing

Since starting the 30 for 30 (which you can read more about here) we have just been playing away!

Here's a list of some things we've been trying-keep in mind he's 6 months old.
Some of these I found online while searching for age appropriate activities.

1. Peek-a-boo
2. Turning the light on and off
3. Trying to get my little roller to crawl
4. Puppets
5. Animal sounds
6. Practicing standing up
7. Reading
8. Exploring baskets filled with toys
9. Rolling a baseball with daddy
10. Playing this little piggy

Over the past few days I think I finally realized why it's sometimes difficult to find time and energy to make sure we are playing with our little ones: we spend so much time doing the things that we have to do (bathe, feed, change etc.) that doing the things we want to do get neglected.

Keep trying. Keep playing. Your efforts will not be in vain.

3 comments:

  1. Love this post - reminds us to make time to play with our little ones and not just focus on what needs to be done! xo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you!! Great list of ideas for baby play. I do lots of these with Alidia (5 1/2 months) too. We definitely need to remember to do all the fun, play things and not just the necessities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a little saddened by this post: as a full time teacher, I probably only do this on weekends. I'm going to try, starting tonight.Rx

    http://sandersonsmithstory.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete