May 11, 2012

Lessons Learned: Working Momma

Last week I went to work for the first time since becoming a momma.

It was only temporary as I was just working for a girl while she was on vacation, however, I did learn some things that I thought I should share for those mommas that are planning on going back into the working world.

1. Start back in the middle/end of the work week. This allows more time to adjust and figure out what works and doesn't work for you and baby.

2. For those still planning to breast feed start pumping/storing up milk now!

3. Get your baby used to a bottle. My little guy had only eaten from a bottle a couple of times so his bottle feedings while I was at work weren't very fun for my mom! He HATED it!

4. Prepare yourself emotionally.

5. Have meals planned/prepared for the week. 

Hope these help!
Happy Friday!

Don't forget to vote!
We Are A Top Baby Blog

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tips. I don't have kids yet, and hope to stay home with them when I do, but that's not everyone's reality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a mom and a full time career woman is something i have been juggling and struggling for three years since my little one was born. Certain things become much easier but there are always new challenges as a little grows. I love that you pointed out "prepare yourself emotionally". It is quite a challenge balancing everything and anything in between while trying to stay sane :)

    ReplyDelete