May 29, 2012

memorial weekend.

here at the Baker household we were thankful for the extra long weekend.
it's a funny thing though how we spent our extra day: grocery shopping and cooking extravaganza!
can't believe this momma didn't get any sunshine!
guess we're getting a little 'old'. ha.

Friday was spent doing yard work and hanging out with some friends and their two little ones. yes, I said two. and no, I don't know how they do it.
Saturday we got some shopping time at the outlet mall in the city with my mom and sis. after our retail therapy session was over, I was then forced into the grungy place that is Buffalo Wild Wings to give it another try. let's just say the honey BBQ wings are my new friends.
Sunday I missed half of the sermon at church due to baby boy falling asleep in my arms and me not wanting to put him down in his class because I just wanted to watch him sleep at the risk of waking him. 
Monday we did our huge monthly grocery shopping and cooking day. We like to buy almost everything we need for the whole month and start cooking and freezing a few meals right away. It really helps us save time and money. I also made my first batch of homemade baby food. More to come on that later!

p.s. we moved little man to his crib and he is doing awesome.

Hope you all had a great Memorial Weekend!
Here's a picture of my dad. It's an old pic and a new one blended together. In the old pic he's standing third from the left.

Thank you to all who have served and are still serving our country!

1 comment:

  1. I just stumbled upon your blog and now I'm following.

    I have a little one (just two months older than you!) I make my own baby food and I live in Buffalo, NY so I know all about wings.

    Looking forward to reading more!! :)

    www.sittinginatree-blog.com

    ReplyDelete