Ok, if you know me or if you've been reading this blog for a while, then you know
that I'm a little OCD and can NOT stand a messy house.
I also understand that a lot of moms struggle with keeping up with housework due to increased responsibilities (i.e. baby crying, baby spitting, baby pooping etc.).
So I thought I would compile a list of some things that I find helpful in this "mundane" task of keeping tidy. I, however, actually enjoying cleaning. weird. I know.
1. Keep up daily. Before the Mr. gets home or before you go to bed set a timer for 15 minutes and do a quick clean up.
2. Doing small things make a big impact. Don't just leave the little candy wrappers or straw papers laying around. Throw them away ASAP.
3. Everything has its place. I find that it's easier to keep things neat and tidy when stuff has a home. All you have to do is make sure every day or every other day that the thing goes in its spot.
4. Do a tiny cleaning every other day or so. My tiny cleanings include: 409-ing the kitchen and bathroom counter tops, lint rolling the couches (we have two dogs), doing the dishes, and occasionally dusting/vacuuming.
5. Once a week do a heavier cleaning. My once a week cleaning includes: cleaning kitchen counter tops, kitchen table, sweeping the kitchen, doing the dishes, doing laundry if needed, cleaning bathroom counter tops, dusting and vacuuming at least the living room and our bedroom. I know that sounds like a lot, but if you have been keeping up with things throughout the week you can probably get it all done in about an hour.
Also, listen to your heart (or your screaming baby), you know if it's a good time to clean or not. If your little ones are needing some extra love/attention or if you haven't spent much time with them then forget the silly cleaning and focus on them. They are exponentially more important.
And remember when all else fails, light a candle. :)