so...making rylan's tee pee turned out to be a little more tricky than i imagined it in my head, but isn't that what always happens? well, that's how it is in my world at least. who's with me for more fail proof DIYs?? anyway, i was asked to do a tutorial so i'll try my best (sorry but we didn't take pictures along the way)!
we bought five 6 ft bamboo poles from hobby lobby along with a bag of leather ties and a 6 ft x 9 ft canvas drop cloth from lowe's, but i would recommend a bigger drop cloth or piece of fabric for this project.
we tied the poles together using the leather stripping, although, it would have been much easier to start off using a rubber band. we tied them loosely so that we were able to position the poles where we wanted them. after they were in position we tied them tighter. then we started messing with the drop cloth and realized we had bought the wrong size. doh. after a few minutes of frustration and brainstorming, we decided to make due with what we had and ended up just wrapping it around the poles. next, we made holes in the drop cloth so that we could tie it to two of the poles and then we just tied it in the front! if you buy the correct size you can do something more along the lines of this or this. but we like the way ours turned out and so does the new little inhabitant! and for now he's taking up a quarter of our living room!