December 3, 2012

ry's first haircut: bye bye baby mullet.



i always wondered why so many people confess about having childhood mullets. i mean what kind of parent allows this sort of thing to happen? c'mon. sheesh. but once again i've learned from experience. this whole "mommy" thing sure teaches you a lot. you see rylan was born with a decent amount of the blackest of black hair which over time has fallen out and become replaced with a thinner lighter brown shade. *problem* the poor child just grows it thicker in the back! and it's so hard as a momma to not be proud of the little "accomplishment" back there! anywho we finally decided it was time for the party in the back to go and we braved it ourselves. he did fairly well and i'd say we did too. what a handsome little grown up haircut baby boy.

8 comments:

  1. Awwww - and as a parent, I've had a new appreciation for baby mullets. (my daughter had a reverse mullet until we cut her hair!)

    Btw - I'm having a great giveaway on my blog that Rylan just may love. Check it out!

    http://www.sittinginatree-blog.com/2012/12/blog-giveaway-little-green-pouch.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. My nephew had the most glorious mullet when he was little, blond curls. As much as I cant stand a mullet it was hard to see them go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww my two month old has a mullet in the making & I already am nervous for the day I have to cut it! Rylan is adorable, mullet or no mullet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe see you later cute little baby mullet!! :) He looks adorable with his new slightly shorter do!

    - Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sweet! it looks like he did a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute! I don't think I would have been brave enough ahah

    ReplyDelete
  7. good job, mama! he's such a doll!!

    ReplyDelete