November 30, 2011

37 weeks + 5 days=growing impatient

As we were driving to my OB appointment yesterday anticipation filled the car. We kept throwing out all these ridiculous scenarios filled with high hopes of meeting baby "Ry" sooner than we were expecting. One scenario, for example, was that my water would break when my doctor checked to see how dilated I was and I would give birth right in the OB office! (yes, I am telling you our hopes were VERY VERY high and ridiculous)

They called my name and we went back to the exam room. I got excited because they took us to the same room that I found out I was pregnant in! We knew this could only mean good news awaited us!

We waited and waited and waited...

Finally, my doctor came in and after all the anticipation, we found out that I was only dilated to a 1....not exactly the news that this impatient mommy & daddy-to-be were hoping for.

I don't know precisely what it is that makes these last weeks so much more difficult, but I guess having the finish line in sight and feeling like all your body has left to give is a lousy crawl are two main ingrediants.

On a happier note...

We decorated for the celebration of another birth-our SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST :)

DSC_0089 DSC_0134

DSC_0129

DSC_0102

Noah wanted his picture taken too!

DSC_0099 DSC_0096

1 comment: